This is post five of the China Glaze On Safari safari. I’m finding it difficult to appreciate these manis when it’s hot and sunny outside. But then I did this one. And even though it’s composed of autumn colors, I’m loving it right this minute.
Again, I took a cue from the amazingly talented Sarah at Chalkboard Nails. I looked at the On Safari polishes I had left to test and her Gradient Dot Manicure immediately came to mind. I started with a base of two coats of Kalahari Kiss. Then dotted on Call of the Wild and Adventure Red-y. This color combo is fab and all three are part of the On Safari Collection.
This is so simple. I didn’t even use dotting tools. Just a sewing pin stuck in the eraser end of a pencil and a small sewing needle.
Just three colors left! I’m wearing something obnoxiously bright when I’m finished!
The other On Safari masterpieces (in my own mind) so far…
- Lioness (I’m Not a Lion)
- Striped Elephant (Elephant Walk, Exotic Encounters and Prey Tell)
- Mixed Doubles (Manhunt)
- Jungle Queen (Jungle Queen)
Disclosure: I have no material connection to the products used in this post.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Purr-fect Checkers | work / play / polish | July 15, 2012
- The Search is Over | work / play / polish | July 16, 2012
- Pocket Change | work / play / polish | July 21, 2012
- Memory Lane: My 100th Post!! | work / play / polish | August 29, 2012
- Winter Dots | work / play / polish | November 3, 2012
- Nude Spot « netballnails | November 7, 2012