Color Club A Winter Affair

I’m back. I’m trying to get into a routine Sunday blog break, but this weekend we were busy with household projects (including The Mani Cave) so I took Saturday off too. Speaking of the TMC, I hope I have a decent update ready for you on Wednesday. As of today, my quest for the perfect polish rack system is losing altitude and airspeed. But fortunately hubs and I may have discovered a solution. Okay…more on that Wednesday. For today I have a Color Club Winter Affair Duo mani to show you. These polishes are part of the 2012 Holiday Collection.

Color Club Winter Affair Duo (work / play / polish)

I’m not quite riding the Color Club train yet. They aren’t really sold in my area and my brief experience with their polishes hasn’t been stellar. But put something on the end cap at TJ Maxx and tell me I’m getting a discount…and suddenly I MUST have it. The polishes in this pack didn’t have names on them (why oh why??) but a quick google search solved that problem…sorta. Glitter Wonderland is a beautiful shimmery purple that glitters with fuschia and blue. Application was great and it was opaque in two coats.

Color Club Winter Affair Duo (work / play / polish)

On my accent finger, I have one generous coat of the second polish in the duo. Online, the topcoat in the full collection is a flakie called Snow Flakes. But my polish isn’t a flakie. It’s still an iridescent topcoat…but it’s small round glitters…not flakes. I know there were a few versions of this set roaming the interwebs, but no one mentioned round glitters instead of flakes. Personally, I prefer non-flakies anyway.

Color Club Winter Affair Duo (work / play / polish)

If you have any intel on this polish, let me know. I won’t sleep at night until I get it sorted out! :)

1. Both polishes are real pretty, but the combination on your accent finger is simply gorgeous. Great job!

2. Anna says:

Wow, I love this mani so so much!!

3. craftynail says:

Wow that glitter topcoat is the bomb! Hope u figure out what its called!

4. artreviewed says:

I have been looking for a rack/storage space for my nail varnish collection but couldn’t find anything I liked or was cheap enough… I found this tutorial which I am going to try! Wonder if it would be any good for you as I think as it’s DIY you could customise it as muh or as little as you want! http://thepolishedfox.com/crafty-friday-diy-nail-polish-rack/ Lovely nails btw! :D the glitter over the red is lovely! xx

5. I did a similiar look a few months ago and got a ton of compliments. You did a great job, it’s very pretty! :))

6. Love the look! But I’m not riding the Color Club train, either. I invested – at TJ Maxx! – and the polish chipped after two days. Boo. Hiss.

7. I have the flakie version of Snow Flakes (the only CC I own), but I like yours a lot better! Now I need to try and find it.

8. tmvikholt says:

Yet another polish I haven’t heard about, hehe. I really like the accent, though. It’s the type of polish I probably wouldn’t have bought, but that actually looks really good.

9. The Color Club polishes I’ve samples through Birchbox haven’t been good. I’ve tried 4 different ones. The formulas on 3 out of the 4 were terrible. One was so bad that it was unusable. So thick that I couldn’t apply it without it gooping. (please tell me gooping is a nail polish term) I tried Orly Nail Thinner on it, and it never got better. The other two I didn’t like were also very thick and hard to apply. One was perfect. I was amazed that the formula was so different between all four. I am not inclined to pay $8 a bottle when I’m not sure what type of formula I might get.

10. this is a work manicure too!
    i understand what you say about discounts!

11. Nicole says:

This reminds me of ChG Make A Spectacle. It looks great over that purple!

12. Rachel says:

The same thing happened to me! Last year I got two duos-one with ho ho holly, and one with winter affair-each was supposed to come with the snowflakes flakie. Instead, I got two bottles of the same stuff you did! I haven’t been able to find out what it is that we got but I have looked more than a few times. Reminds me of China Glaze “Make a Spectacle.”

13. Maggie Fornaciari says:

I just wanted to put my two cents in about Color Club polish. I only have a few of their polishes, but I do find that their holos wear like iron!. I used one a few weeks ago and just needed one coat, and then one coat of topcoat, and it lasted a full week. I probably could have gotten 2 weeks out of that manicure except for the fact that my nails grow so darned fast and I had a gap at the cuticle area from new growth. I’m not sure about their regular polishes, but I highly recommend their holos!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,