Sandy and Smooth: OPI Can’t Let Go & Tomorrow Never Dies

Textured polishes are everywhere! I’ve said this before…but how does everyone think of the same ideas at the same time? You can’t just whip this stuff up overnight! It boggles my mind. But that doesn’t mean I’m not willing to jump on any bandwagon! The liquid sand polishes in the OPI Mariah Carey Collection are the first textured polishes I’ve tried. I organize my polish by brand, then color and when I went to put Can’t Let Go away, it ended up right next to Tomorrow Never Dies from the Skyfall Collection. A perfect purple pair! Usually you see a plain polish with a funky accent finger, but this time I swapped it (because I’m crazy like that). I used Can’t Let Go on four fingers and Tomorrow Never Dies as the accent.

OPI Can't Let Go and Tomorrow Never Dies (work / play / polish)

I honestly didn’t know what to expect from a textured polish, but I really like it! My photos capture the texture well, but not the glints of shimmer. All of the liquid sand polishes have some glittery sparkle. Can’t Let Go is really the tamest of the bunch.

OPI Can't Let Go and Tomorrow Never Dies (work / play / polish)

I swatched Tomorrow Never Dies last October when the collection was released (you can read that post here). I had trouble with the formula, same as before. But I really love this color! I’m embarressed to admit that I hadn’t worn it again since that first swatch!

OPI Can't Let Go and Tomorrow Never Dies (work / play / polish)

The four liquid sand polishes in the Mariah Carey Collection, Can’t Let Go, Get Your Number, The Impossible and Stay the Night are available in a mini collection – which is nice if you just can’t commit. I’m most looking forward to Zoya’s textured line, Pixie Dust, since the colors seem to be more the speed I’m traveling lately.

Did you cave and get the liquid sand polishes? Are you waiting for Zoya? Or are you skipping this trend altogether?

Disclosure: I have no material connection to the products used in this post.

1. Martha S. says:

I didn’t think I would like these, but I do! And I’m anxiously awaiting my Zoya pixie dust preorder! Those colors look great!

2. Chris says:

This makes me want to go out and get the Liquid Sand mini-pack! I have Tomorrow Never Dies, and I love it. And I love it with this. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for persuading me to get the Liquid Sands!

3. These two polishes look fantastic together! The textured look is growing on me…I haven’t tried it for myself, though!

4. 9 to 5 Nails says:

I’m waiting for can’t let go to arrive in the mail! Yay! It looks awesome

They do look amazeballs together!

6. I have Stay the Night from OPI, but will pick up many of the Zoya Pixie Dust colors. I’m with you, they are more my speed. I wasn’t a fan of the jelly/sand texture of many of the OPI Liquid Sand shades.

I do love this manicure, it’s lovely!

7. stephappelt says:

Totally caved for the Mariah Carey minis… But after a few days I found it lost the texture and some of the glitters! But still love them :)

8. Kate says:

This looks so nice! I got Tomorrow Never Dies for Christmas and I think it’s one of the nicest purples I have! I can’t wait to get my hands on some liquid sand because all the pictures I have seen make it look incredible!

9. Мария says:

Мне очень понравился лак и я хотела бы такой иметь

10. Nailsinthecity says:

The full sizes of these are sold out everywhere I go. Hellooo, ‘stay the night’? They’re flying off the shelves before lunch! But, I just ‘can’t let go’ of the idea of owning these. It’s ‘the impossible’ task. So, I just ordered the minis ($6.95, not bad). I’m waiting on my Zoya order too. I know I can the same effect by putting a matte topcoat on a sparkle polish, but, eh, what fun is that? I’m such a junkie….
    (couldn’t think of a good pun for “get your number – fire me… lol!)

11. glittersnapdragon says:

I just love you being crazy like that :) It’s a gorgeous combo….I am wearing Can’t Let Go now (I just swatched it for my blog as well) and I really love the color and the texture!

12. I have seen a lot of reviews recently on the liquid sand Mariah Carey polishes. I got hooked :). I have ordered them from the US, cannot wait for the package to arrive!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,