Essie Sleek Stick in So Haute!

Today I’m wearing Essie Sleek Stick nail appliques in So Haute! (No, I’m not shouting that sentence at you…So Haute! actually has an exclamation point in the name!) (There, that last one…I was shouting.) I’ve not gone ga-ga over nail strips because I do nail art. And I’ve always thought polish strips were for people who don’t do nail art. But the texture on this design is really spectacular and I was surprised by how much I loved the look. On the first trip out of the house wearing them…I bet I got a half a dozen compliments! You can see full-sized pics in the gallery at the end of the post.

Essie So Haute! Sleek Sticks (work / play / polish)

Essie describes So Haute! as a gold spiked crimson. The textured finish is comprised of alternating rows of smooth, raised gold and crimson dots. Essie’s appliques are pre-cured under UV light; so they’re supposed to be longer wearing and more chip resistant than other brands. Essie claims 14 days. I can’t vouch for that because I only wore them for two and half days. But they did look almost as good when I took them off as the day I put them on. That may be the result of operator error. More on that below.

Essie So Haute! Sleek Sticks (work / play / polish)

Application is pretty straight forward. Place them on clean, bare nails and apply pressure over the entire surface. I started by centering the “sticker” right at my cuticle. Then I sort of pulled and pressed as I worked my way over the nail. I have very narrow nail beds that are really curved (from side-to-side). So while I could get the applique to fit at the cuticle, I did have space on some nails at the grooves. In the pic above, you can see it on my thumb. (TIP: After I took the pics, I used a small nail art brush and a dab of Essie Snap Happy to fill in. It worked like a charm.) I also somehow got the strip on my middle finger almost over my cuticle. There, it started to lift a bit after the second day. So be sure to push your cuticles back and stay clear of your skin.

Essie So Haute! Sleek Sticks (work / play / polish)

There are 12 designs in the Sleek Stick Collection and I think they’re all very classy chic- not a cheezeball in the bunch. They retail for $10.25 and can be purchased everywhere Essie is sold (Target, Walgreens, CVS, etc.) You can see all of the designs at the Essie website.

What do you think? Anyone tried these and wore them for a full 14 days?

Disclosure: I have no material connection to the products or brands used in this post.

1. Wow, I think these are actually really unusual looking. I’m not a massive fan of nail wraps either, mines usually last about 2 and a bit days, but the 14 day claim is quite impressive – I’ll have to try get my hands on some to test it out.

2. sortaginger says:

The closest I have come is wearing the Sally Hansen strips for 5 days, but that was because they were a spring pattern with a white background that started to look dirty. I did manage to get some of the Revlon nail strips at Walgreens a few weeks ago for $1.99 on clearance, so I might try an endurance test with those (unless I get bored with the pattern first). I do love the Essie patterns though!

3. agnes971 says:

magnifique, j’adore

4. Josephine says:

These look absolutely gorgeous!

5. Cindi says:

These are cute. I do prefer the look of handpainted art though as this looks too “factory perfect”. I do like the colors though and the pattern. I have never tried strips and probably never will.

6. craftynail says:

They look stunning! Are they hard to remove?

7. looks fab-tastic! I have only ever tried the Sally Hansen ones, which wore very well and were easy to use. I love that more companies are offering them- they seem to be popping up everywhere in a variety of styles.

8. I almost picked up the same set last night at Walgreens. I decided against it because I have a drawer full of Sally Hansen strips I haven’t used yet. Once I’m out of those, I’ll be using the Essie ones instead. They look so chic. Better than the rest of the ones I’ve seen.

9. The design is really stunning, but for me no sticky stuff on my nails.

This is a gorgeous design!

11. I have seen these around here too and felt tempted. I am just wondering what to do in case some of these are to wide – my nails are quite slim.

12. Shelby says:

I am going out to get a set of these TONIGHT! I keep looking at this set but the price tag has kept me from buying them…. now I know I NEED them. I have a wedding to go to in the Spring, I am buying these and getting a dress to go with the nails!

For the Sally Hansen strips I use the tin foil method for removal, would this work on these, too? I also always put a base coat on for the SH strips… I don’t know if that’s “kosher” but I think they stick better that way and it protects my nail.

13. loltansue says:

Love these!! Can’t imagine them lasting too long through

14. tmvikholt says:

I love this! I’ve still never tried any of those types of strips, they are kind of intimidation. I can’t imagine that I could apply them perfectly :P

15. Nicole says:

How was removal? These are a little expensive for a one-time thing for me, but I think they look great! :)

16. Katherine says:

I tried these last week. I did a “so haute” pedi and my teen daughter did a “steel the show” mani. These do have a lot of pros: 1. extremely easy application. 2. they look much more sophisticated than other nail stickers I’ve used. 3. The choices are much more adult friendly 4. I used them as a pedi and took them off after 7 days. I did have a little lift at the edge of the toenail and I felt it catch on sheets and blankets but it was a minor irritation. The cons: they didn’t last but a few hours on my daughters fingernails. Now granted she’s hard on polish but these do need some tweaking of the adhesive from Essie’s end to create a product that will stay put. 2. Even though they are much thinner than other stickers they still are a bit thickish. I would really like to see them a little thinner. I think that this is the reason for lift and adhesion issues. All in all they are lovely. I will purchase them again but only for pedi’s. Or an accent nail in a mani. Just sharing. Thanks for the review!

17. Deb says:

I tried these for the first time last week. I’ve been wearing them for 9 days so far and they look as good as they did the day I put them on. I’m just wondering how the removal will go.

18. Cindy says:

Your nails look great with Essie, Jamberry however has a much larger selection AND they last. Each adult nail sheet contains 20 stickers varying in size. You can get 2-4 manicures and 2 pedicures off of just one sheet (I say adult because they have a juniors option too which contain more nail stickers). I tried a sample and just recently became a consultant (I am a bit obsessed) If anyone would like a sample of Jamberry nail wraps email me at lohart21@aol.com.

Tags: , , , ,