Illamasqua Speckled Skittles: Scarce, Speckle, Mottle & Fragile

Today I have a skittle mani using four (of the five) limited edition speckled polishes from the Illamasqua I’mperfection Collection. These pastel polishes all have a creamy opaque base with dark glitter in two sizes. The result is truly a speckled bird’s egg look, the inspiration for the line.

Illamasqua Speckled Nail Varnish: Scarce, Speckle, Mottle & Fragile (work / play / polish)

I’m wearing Speckle (lilac), Scarce (soft pink), Mottle (minty green) and Fragile (robin’s egg blue). The fifth color in the collection is Freckled (light tan). I used two coats of polish and two coats of Seche Vite.

I could not have predicted how much I love this look. The dark glitter pops from the pastel base. It’s muted, but still edgy in a way. The formula was really smooth and easy to polish. I didn’t get a good spread of bigger glitter on the first coat, but it was perfectly fine after the second coat with no fishing or dabbing.

I’m really new to the Illamasqua brand. But my first and only post using their polish is one of my all time fave manis (see it here). It’s about the same price point as Butter London, but it has a much different vibe. Illamasqua Nail Varnish normally retails for $14, but the speckled line is $16. They’re available now at Illamasqua or Sephora. You can also follow Illamasqua on twitter, facebook and Instagram.

So what do you think? Anyone tried the tan one? I’ll admit…I was a little afraid of it. But I’ve seen some beautiful swatches out there.

Disclosure: I have no material connection to any product used in this post.

1. joybrewed says:

ohhh!! so creamy-licious!! ;)

2. iriel says:

These polishes look gorgeous! Love the skittle! I wish Illamasqua wasn’t so pricey for me lol

3. thebodycenter says:

That is my new favorite just looking at it! It lookes like splattees paint on a pastel backround. I had no idea a polish could do that. If you didn’t know it was black sparkles you’d think someone had taken the time to splatter it by hand. Awesome!

4. jensTHATgirl says:

Looove this! Must go out and buy right now!

• Yes. You must! I will not stop you…only encourage you! :) You should know that just one hour before I started this mani, I had myself convinced I needed to return the polish.It was a battle of the minds and the polish addict won. LOL

5. wow these look really classy! I love the look!

• Classy is right. That’s a much better word than mine…but that’s what I meant by muted, but still edgy. I removed the skittles for work tomorrow…but I did get brave and polish all 12 nails in Speckle (my fave). I figure i can get away with it for one day at least. Right?!?!

6. Squeaky says:

These are so unique and pretty, love it!

7. Nati says:

Interesting look. The only thing I would criticize is that Illamasqua used the same matte glitter for every polish is leading me to buy either one or the other colour but not the whole collection…. Am I the only one to think that? I mean that all the colours look quite similar with the same effect.

8. notausgang says:

looks very elegant. how was removing? my experience is with chunkier glitters that they are very clingy and stick to the nail no matter what :/

9. Kay says:

So so beautiful :D They look so sweet!

10. sortaginger says:

They look like the speckled jelly beans out right now in stores. Must. Buy. Soon.

I quite like them, but they are so expensive!

12. Very Pretty. That Mint color is lovely. A little out of my price range but gorgeous nonetheless.

13. Ginny says:

I love your mani! The pastel colors are beautiful. Have never heard of that brand of polish before. I will have to hunt it down. The mani is perfect for Easter :)

14. These are soooooooo pretty!

15. blimbo2005 says:

Hi, I nominated you for the versatile blogger award check it out here http://blimbo247.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/and-the-blogger-award-goes-to/

16. Shelby says:

Gorgeous, but I will never own them because of the price! I bet I could franken one or use Nubar Black Polka Dots and a crelly in alternating layers to get a similar look…

17. blimbo2005 says:

sooo makes me think of Easter

18. Great swatches! I have the tan one (Freckle) which I absolutely love…I’m hoping to pick up the pink one when Sephora restocks!

19. Coco says:

So pretty! Your pictures make them look even more beautiful x

20. Jay says:

Very cool! I like the effect (especially for spring) but am still not sure that I like these quite enough to splurge on one.

21. These are stunning! I have never tried Illamasqua nail varnish, but I am definitely curious now!

22. These are so pretty. They make me totally think of speckled easter egg candy for some reason though! haha

23. Alexis Leigh says:

These are seriously gorgeous, I can’t get over how unique and interesting they look! Ahhhhh, just so beautiful <3

24. Mel says: