Disclosure: Products in this post were provided by the manufacturer, their PR firm or retailer for my review.
UPDATE: I’m Day 9!
Usually when I do nail art I love…I post it right away! I can’t wait. But this time I had to be patient. In early May, OPI asked their blogger network to create a nail art look inspired by the high fashion Minnie Mouse depicted in OPI’s Limited Edition Couture de Minnie Collection. We were told that selected looks would be featured on the OPI site. Well the wait is finally over! OPI recently introduced Minnie’s Closet. Each day a different Minnie Mani, Runway Moment or other Moust-See look will be revealed. So now I wait to see if/when the WPP rendition makes an appearance. And no, I’m not obsessively checking it either. I swear. I mean, yeah, I’m checking it a little…each hour…but that’s not weird, right? You can obsessively check along with me by clicking the calendar graphic or visiting the Minnie’s Closet Tab on the OPI facebook.)
Here’s my submission. I love it. I used every polish in the collection and created a different look on each nail. I describe each design after the jump.
- THUMB: My fave! I’ve seen these roses before, but I was re-inspired by Rina’s Ombre Blue Wave Design on Simply Rins. The base is two coats of Black Onyx and one coat of Seche Vite. I used a small art brush to paint on Magazine Cover Mouse, a Liquid Sand textured polish. This was surprisingly easy to do!
- INDEX: I started with two coats of A Definite Moust-Have. Next I dotted (just three dots) a Minnie Head with Black Onyx. I filled in the rest of the nail with dots of My Boyfriend Scales Walls. I waited patiently for that to dry before first coating with Seche Vite and then coating with Sephora by OPI Matte Topcoat. The matte really changed the look!
- MIDDLE: Does it look familiar? My pink/white striped Eiffel Tower mani is my most stolen mani on the interwebs. I find it everywhere. Somewhere along the way, someone added a filter to it…so it’s getting less recognizable as time goes on! I have to laugh because this was part of a very early post on the blog and I think I’ve improved so much since then. The stripes are My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Chic from Ears to Tail. The tower was drawn with a teeny nail art brush and Black Onyx. (It only took three tries!) This nail is also finished with a matte topcoat.
- RING: This nail has a gradient base using Chic from Ears to Tail and My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Then I painted Minnie ears in the corner with Black Onyx. Finally I used a nail art brush to pick up individual pieces of glitter from Minnie Style and created another gradient. I finished with two coats of Seche Vite.
- PINKY: This is a simple tape design. The colors from cuticle to tip are: A Definite Moust Have, Black Onyx, Innie Minnie Mighty Bow and Magazine Cover Mouse…topped with Seche Vite.
My swatches of the Couture de Minnie Collection can be found here.
This was so much fun. I hope you’ll check Minnie’s Closet along with me during the month of June to see which of your fave bloggers are featured!
Thanks for reading!