Visit Minnie’s Closet! OPI Couture de Minnie Nail Art

Disclosure: Products in this post were provided by the manufacturer, their PR firm or retailer for my review.

UPDATE: I’m Day 9!

20130604_minniesclosetUsually when I do nail art I love…I post it right away! I can’t wait. But this time I had to be patient. In early May, OPI asked their blogger network to create a nail art look inspired by the high fashion Minnie Mouse depicted in OPI’s Limited Edition Couture de Minnie Collection. We were told that selected looks would be featured on the OPI site. Well the wait is finally over! OPI recently introduced Minnie’s Closet. Each day a different Minnie Mani, Runway Moment or other Moust-See look will be revealed. So now I wait to see if/when the WPP rendition makes an appearance. And no, I’m not obsessively checking it either. I swear. I mean, yeah, I’m checking it a little…each hour…but that’s not weird, right? You can obsessively check along with me by clicking the calendar graphic or visiting the Minnie’s Closet Tab on the OPI facebook.)

Here’s my submission. I love it. I used every polish in the collection and created a different look on each nail. I describe each design after the jump.

Couture de Minnie Nail Art (workplaypolish.com)The looks – created with all five polishes in the OPI Couture de Minnie Collection plus OPI Black Onyx and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls:

• THUMB: My fave! I’ve seen these roses before, but I was re-inspired by Rina’s Ombre Blue Wave Design on Simply Rins. The base is two coats of Black Onyx and one coat of Seche Vite. I used a small art brush to paint on Magazine Cover Mouse, a Liquid Sand textured polish. This was surprisingly easy to do!
  • INDEX: I started with two coats of A Definite Moust-Have. Next I dotted (just three dots) a Minnie Head with Black Onyx. I filled in the rest of the nail with dots of My Boyfriend Scales Walls. I waited patiently for that to dry before first coating with Seche Vite and then coating with Sephora by OPI Matte Topcoat. The matte really changed the look!
  • MIDDLE: Does it look familiar? My pink/white striped Eiffel Tower mani is my most stolen mani on the interwebs. I find it everywhere. Somewhere along the way, someone added a filter to it…so it’s getting less recognizable as time goes on! I have to laugh because this was part of a very early post on the blog and I think I’ve improved so much since then. The stripes are My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Chic from Ears to Tail. The tower was drawn with a teeny nail art brush and Black Onyx. (It only took three tries!) This nail is also finished with a matte topcoat.
  • RING: This nail has a gradient base using Chic from Ears to Tail and My Boyfriend Scales Walls. Then I painted Minnie ears in the corner with Black Onyx. Finally I used a nail art brush to pick up individual pieces of glitter from Minnie Style and created another gradient. I finished with two coats of Seche Vite.
  • PINKY: This is a simple tape design. The colors from cuticle to tip are: A Definite Moust Have, Black Onyx, Innie Minnie Mighty Bow and Magazine Cover Mouse…topped with Seche Vite.

My swatches of the Couture de Minnie Collection can be found here.

This was so much fun. I hope you’ll check Minnie’s Closet along with me during the month of June to see which of your fave bloggers are featured!

Thanks for reading!

1. Craftynail says:

Wow this mani is a mousterpiece! :)

2. OMG I LOVE YOURS!
    I did one too, and yeah, I’m not checking AT ALL.
    In saying that, if you see mine first tell me! And I will do the same!
    But seriously, this is stunning for real.

• Awww…thanks, Missy! I will be on the lookout…repeatedly…each hour! LOL. Have you posted it on your blog yet?

• No…I want to but I really want OPI to show it first IF they do. But I don’t know how much longer I can wait! I’d at least like to know..I saw one blogger (I think it was Of Life and Lacquer) say she found out hers was being listed, I wonder if I can contact PR to find out?

3. Oh wow, I love each and every nail <3

4. Neelie says:

This. Is. Amazing!!! I am so in love with this mani. This is definitely one of the best ones I have seen in a long while. This must have taken ages to do! You paid so much attention to each nail and it really shows. I just might make this mani my computer wallpaper because I could stare at it all day!

5. Laura says:

this is adorable! I really love all your work that I’ve seen (I missed the early days so the Eiffel Tower is new to me!). I also definitely have to applaud you for your attitude regarding people stealing your image, I’m really glad you seem to be able to find the humor in it :) Good on you for not getting discouraged and keeping us updated with these masterpieces!

• Thanks, Laura! No need to go back and look at the old stuff…LOL. Some of it is…um…embarrassing. As for my stolen mani – it hasn’t happened a lot for me (maybe that honor is reserved for when a blogger hits the big time?) But for now, I’m trying to roll with it. What can you do, you know? Thanks for commenting!

6. Awesome designs, my favourite is your ring finger with the gradient, it looks like it’s raining glitter on Minnie :)

7. Stacy says:

Holy Fajeebus, this is so freaking awesome!!! Each nail on it’s own is fantastic but together it’s absolutely mind blowing. I’ll be sending you my doctor bills from my jaw hitting the floor!

• Thanks Stacy!! Fajeebus? That’s a new one for me! But it sounds really good! I’ve looked at this mani for so long that I only see things I would do differently. It’s great to finally post it.

8. Jeanette says:

Ooh la la! Tres’ magnifique!

(I have no idea if that is the correct way of spelling those, but you know what I mean :-) )

9. Cathy M says:

I love it! Amazing skittles, the rose and Eiffel Tower are blowing my mind most of all!

10. Jess Scull says:

Oh.My.Goodness.. This is fab!

11. This is awesome…I’m sure it will make an appearance in Minnie’s Closet! And YOUR THUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY COW…that is perfection right there!!

12. This is stunning, every nail is perfect!

13. You have got to be one of the best bloggers out there – you good amazing artwork and always offer fair opinions. Thanks for sharing your hard work WPP!

14. Susan says:

If you don’t win, there is no justice in the world. Fantastic looks, every one!!

15. Shivani XD says:

Hahah this is an AHHMAZING ;) nail art design ^.^ and so well done unfortunately i cant ever do anything like this without messing up :/ anyways this has like the best timing cause there is a school trip to paris soon haha :P

16. Lisa says:

If OPI doesn’t post this, they have no taste — and I’m pretty sure that’s not the case. :) Looking forward to seeing this again on their site!

17. Angi Smith says:

You did a great job on ALL of them … I can’t pick a favorite!

18. Shipra says:

Absolutely stunning!!!!! <3

19. erin says:

Flawless as always!

20. Janine says:

Absolutely love this! I already have 2 of the polishes, but I think you’ve inspired me to go get the rest.

21. Kitsu says:

Wow, that looks amazing! I love the thumb! And the glitter gradient!

22. This is amazing. So many techniques!

23. Oh my that is really killing … The waiting, and waiting …. But oh my what sweet and gorgeous mani!

24. Amy says:

This is absolutely amazing! You are fantastic at nail art!

25. Polished PR says:

This design is so elegant, I absolutely love it!

26. Anutka says:

This is stunning! I love each and every nail, but the thumb has me mesmerized! I will have to try that some day :)

I hope you will see yours in Minnie’s Closet very soon!
    I’m hoping to see mine there also :)

27. This is amazing! I love it so much!

28. Wow! This manicure is beautiful! You are so talented!

29. Lyndsey says:

Wow so beautiful!

30. Kelly R. says:

Gorgeous!

31. cheryl says:

wow. this mani is mindblowingly gorgeous! the attention to detail.. thank you so much for creating this lovely mani for us all to ogle!

i can’t decide if i like the thumb or ring finger more.. or the middle finger.. actually the index and pinky fingers are great too.. :p

32. bethybot says:

This is adorable! I really love the variety of designs!

33. Yuen says:

I LOVE THEM ALL! My favourite is the thumb, index, middle, ring… haha that’s almost all of them :P

You are so talented – I’d never be able to do that!

34. Shaun says:

You made day 9! Congratulations! I love this mani.

35. Hetal says:

WOW! This is absolutely stunning!!! I am a huge fan of your blog and this has to be one of my favourites! I was unsure of whether I wanted to buy this collection but your manicure has made me want it real bad so I can create a Monkey See Monkey Do look inspired by this!

And congrats! I checked out Minnie’s Closet and you’re featured on Day 9!

36. Trine-Marie says:

I think this is my all time favorite manicure you have done! It is so cute, feminine, and perfect! I keep staring at it and can’t decide which nail I like most :)

37. Setu Rohini says:

this is so great..

That one little Minnie shaped “dot”.. such a fun addition!

39. Melissa says:

This is an adorable tribute to Minnie Mouse, found it from the Lacquerologist!

40. awesome !!! thumb is my fav too

41. Elisa says:

OMG!
    I love this design so much! It Looks so cute! These polishes are great!

Tags: , , , , ,