You heard it here first! JulieG HOLIDAY Frosted Gum Drops Collection 2013!!

Disclosure: I was compensated by the manufacturer for the photos in this post, but all opinions are my own.

So lightning struck me twice. I feel like the luckiest blogger on the planet!! Guess what I have to share today?!?! More Jesse’s Girl JulieG Frosted Gum Drops…this time…the HOLIDAY COLLECTION!!! Not only is Jesse’s Girl letting me be the very first blogger to share the news…but my little “handiwork” (no pun intended) will again be gracing the display in Rite Aid stores nationwide! I. Am. Dying. Again. (For any new readers that don’t know what I’m talking about, see this post here.) But before I blab on about that (read to the end of this post for some behind the scenes scoop on the display photo) – let’s get to what’s important. The polish!! Here it is…the Jesse’s Girl JulieG Frosted Gum Drops Holiday Collection 2013!! [click each pic to enlarge]

20130928-holiday-gumdrops-header-wpp

Now you may think I’m biased, but I believe many of you will agree. In my opinion, JulieG’s Frosted Gum Drops were the best textured polishes released in the past year. They were textured and sparkly in a way that was unique, application was completely straight forward, and at only $3.99 a bottle, they were a steal! So I was super excited to hear that Jesse’s Girl was producing a Holiday Frosted Gum Drops Collection too. Inspired this time by pretty jewel tone wrapped candies, these shades scream holiday parties!

20130928-holiday-gumdrops-wpp

Again, top YouTube beauty vlogger Julie Gutierrez (JulieG713) collaborated with Jesse’s Girl to develop six awesome shades:

• Silver Bells (silver)
  • Ho Ho Ho (red)
  • Mistletoe (green)
  • Gift of Gold (gold)
  • Sleigh Ride (blue)
  • Sugar Plum Fairy (purple)

20130928-holiday-gumdrops-wpp-4

Application was easy-peasy…just like before. The polishes dried quickly to reveal an ultra-sparkly, textured finish. I used two coats and no base or topcoat for my swatches. They are gorgeous. Seriously.

20130928-holiday-gumdrops-wpp-5

Behind the Scenes…the display photo

A lot of people were really interested in the back story of the first display, so I thought I’d share some background about this one. Jesse’s Girl sent me a little “hint” email back in the middle of May (yup, May!) A few weeks later, they swore me to secrecy and spilled the beans on the collection. It turns out they were developing these shades around the time the first Frosted Gum Drops launched. I didn’t get to see the polishes yet, but was told they had ordered the “candy” which would be shipped directly to my house. The candy arrived and I was immediately excited because I knew the polishes would be awesome!

Jesse's Girl JulieG Holiday Gumdrops Candies (work / play / polish)

About two weeks later, the polishes arrived. My bottles were poured straight from the test batches. No names and no mixing balls…literally hot off the press! I had one week to produce the photos. This time they asked me to change things up a bit, so in addition to a straight skittle mani, I did a crazy french manicure. I sent over about a dozen photos and held my breath for a response. Luckily, they loved the pics and the rest is history. Below is an uncropped photo. All of the photos were actually taken on a black metal folding chair with an Ott lamp attached to the seatback. Classy, right? LOL. I did a lot of experimenting with the first Frosted Gum Drops photos, and for some reason, the slight texture of the seat reflected the light in a nice way and the blue-toned bulb really showed the true sparkle of the polish.

20130928-holiday-gumdrops-wpp-2

Below is the photo that will appear on the display. I just gush with pride every time I see it.

20130928-holiday-gumdrops-wpp-3

I actually got to meet THE Jesse at Cosmoprof North America this year. He took me, the lovely Krystal from Polish Galore, and the amazing Judy from Beauty Judy out to dinner. He is the most down-to-earth guy and has a lifetime of experience in the beauty industry (literally…growing up, Jesse’s dad was an exec with a major make-up company!) It’s also clear that everyone at Jesse’s Girl has a passion for creating great beauty products at affordable prices AND a real sense for the value of beauty bloggers. Home run. So thanks again, Jesse’s Girl and JulieG for letting me be a part of something so cool!

The JulieG Frosted Gum Drops Holiday Collection are limited edition. They will retail for $3.99 each and be available late October or early November at Rite Aid stores nationwide and online at www.jessesgirlcosmetics.com.

Disclosure: Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics provided the products used in this post and compensated me for photographs for use in company marketing materials. They have not sponsored this particular post and all opinions are my own. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

1. Gah!! I’m so excited for this collection. I adored the first one. I really want Ho Ho Ho and Gift of Gold.

2. TamTam says:

Oh my gosh, these are gorgeous! I have the whole line of the first Frosted Gumdrops, and I can’t wait to get these…especially Sugar Plum Fairy. Love that deep purple sparkle!

3. Congrats Leslie! Beautiful work!

4. Shoppingshon says:

Oh good heaven! I’m so excited, I love JulieG nail polishes! Their pretty and affordable & local. Congratulations again to you, you deserve to be the brand.

5. Sandy says:

OMG! These look so good! I love the pink and blue!

6. Lyndsey says:

Wow beautiful! that green is so pretty!

7. Erin M. says:

Congrats! The pics are great, and the polishes look amazing!

8. Amanda says:

This is very cool! The silver and gold are def my faves

9. Thank you once again for making our products look so amazing – you are a rock star! <3

10. Kellie Reyes says:

I am literally DYING!! JulieG gumdrops are my absolute favorite!! And you were not lying about them being the best textured polish made last year, I have got to get these!! Your pictures are amazing. How am I supposed to wait until they get to my store.. Thanks for the sneak peak!

11. How exciting! Congrats on another (soon-to-be) successful campaign! I sure hope they have these on Groupon, because that’s how I snagged the summer set. They are so beautiful!

12. Kelly R says:

Woo Hoo! So excited for you!

13. LinvanT says:

They are gorgeous! I really want the green and the pink one. Liquid sand polishes in those colours have been on my wishlist for a while <3

14. Iriel says:

Congratulations!! The pic and your nails are so gorgeous! I really love the green polish, I don’t I’ve seen a textured green so dark and shiny! I need it *___* It’s an amazing collection :D

15. Jerri says:

I bought the first gumdrops on groupon an love them! Wearing blueberry fizz right now. I hope groupon has them again since they sold them for a great price. Very cool for you to be apart of this for a second time! Congratulations!

16. This is great news! How lucky of you to have had the opportunity to review these pretty polishes, I will definitely be picking them up when they are out.

17. Congrats!! You deserve it!! Your pics are amazing & I love that French Mani you did. I have the 1st collection & can’t wait to get these!!

18. These are stunning! I want the blurpley purple!!

19. Danisha says:

I prefered the last collection only because i’m not into holidays colors ;)

20. KD says:

I also think the Julie G polishes were the best of all the textured collections. I can’t wait for these to drop! Especially that green :D

21. Trine-Marie says:

Ah, I’m so excited! I absolutely loved the first collection (which I found through you and bought through a Groupon deal)! They go on so easy and the glitter is amazing. So I can’t wait to get my hands on these too!

22. Great work, love the outcome!

23. Lou says:

Oh my word. This is just awesome news! I love textured polishes. Your images are just perfection!

24. Congrats! & this collection is gorgeous <3

25. You rock so hard Leslie. This is amazing, AGAIN, and I’m so happy for you!!

26. Cynthia Garcia says:

Love the first collection! Can’t wait for this!!!! Nice job on the manies!!!!

27. This is so awesome! Congrats! :) I LOVE that purple :)

28. Rei says:

Wow! What an opportunity! That is one of my dreams.

29. Eva says:

They appeared early at my rite aid! I just bought three of them :-D

30. Kim says:

These are so pretty! No rite-aids anywhere around here. :( But hey, online shopping works just fine! :D

31. Tara says:

OMG so much gorgeous!!! :D I am a huge fan of the first set of Gum Drops so I almost fainted yesterday when I found the new Holiday Gum Drops. Your photo looked stunning! I was all fangirly when I saw it, lol. I bought Ho Ho Ho, Sugar Plum Fairy, Sleigh Ride, and Mistletoe. I just swatched them on a nail wheel and WOW!!! The colors are so saturated, so vibrant! I love them!!! <3 Needless to say I am running back tomorrow to get Gift of Gold and Silver Bells (what was I thinking not getting them all?!). The formula was great too – 2 coats. So easy for such epic results. I am so happy to have more Gum Drops! *happy dance* These exceeded my expectations – they are beyond amazing. Okay, I will stop my fangirling, lol. I can't help it. XD I just love them so much! Beautiful work with the photos! I love candy themes in makeup and this is one of my all time favorites! :D

32. penny says:

I am so getting these!!! I have and love the original set!!! The colors are gorgeous and so easy to apply and remove, and the price is great!!! I hope they continue this line and add even more colors!!! I also love the photos especially the earlier set with the gumdrops, sooo yummy!!!

33. Kellie says:

Wow, congrats. The photos look amazing. Question…any idea how close Ho Ho Ho is to Hot Cinnamon and how close Sleigh Ride is to Blueberry Fizz? I have Hot Cinnamon and Blueberry Fizz and LOVE them. Julie G’s texture polishes are by far the prettiest I have seen.

Tags: , , , , , ,