Was that a fun two weeks or what!? THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This series was like a nail blogger Hall of Fame…seriously (see them all at the end of this post)! I waited until last night to write this so I could recap the full impact our collective efforts have made on the Polished Girlz organization…so far. I’m so completely touched. I talked to both Alanna and her mother and they are giddy with gratitude. I’m so proud to know that the nail community pulled together and made a tremendous difference for a wonderful cause! If this is the first post you’ve read in my Blogging for a Cause Guest Post Series, visit this post for the background.
As promised, I’ve donated $250 to the Polished Girlz on behalf of each of the 25 bloggers who participated (see the receipt here). This money will go toward the purchase of supplies and services necessary to run a nationwide charitable organization. Here are some exciting facts and figures from this series:
- Since the series began, the Polished Girlz have been contacted by TWO major nail polish brands who want to discuss ongoing partnerships!!! THIS IS HUGE!!!!!!
- In addition to my donation, they received nearly $1,000 in monetary donations from indie makers, fellow bloggers and nail polish lovers alike!
- The Polished Girlz met and EXCEEDED their goal of 5,000 facebook followers (if you’re not following yet…you can follow them here)!!
- We got the word out. This series was even featured in Nail It! Magazine’s weekly e-newsletter!
- Bloggers from every corner of the globe have contacted the organization about mailing donations of used nail polish and supplies.
- New volunteer applications are piling in!
Now I couldn’t go two whole weeks without some nail art of my own…so here’s my Polished Girlz mani. The base colors are JulieG White Orchid and Essie Watermelon and the details are done with acrylic paint. I skipped the topcoat to keep that textured finish. This mani makes me smile! :)
Alanna and I want to thank each blogger again, from the bottom of our hearts, for participating! You made it a huge success! An extra special thanks goes to Sarah of Chalkboard Nails who made some important introductions. A big bonus for me…in the process of coordinating guest posters, I’ve made some new blogging friends.
Thank you, ladies, for everything! Please visit the blogs/IGs of all the participants. They deserve it!
Adventures in Acetone
All Lacquered Up
Fear No Beauty
Let Them Have Polish
Polished Girlz (Alanna)
Rebecca Likes Nails
Will Paint Nails for Food
The giving doesn’t have to stop with this series. Please keep the Polished Girlz in mind throughout the year. In addition to monetary donations, the organization welcomes any of the featured needs highlighted at the end of each post. If you’re unsure if your item can be used, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. And look into volunteering in your area!
Thanks again and my very best wishes for a happy, safe and blessed NEW YEAR!