Simple Nail Art with OPI Gwen Stefani Limited Edition Collection

press samples

Good morning! I’m getting an uber-early start today. Is everyone freezing like me? It was -11 F when I left for work yesterday morning. That’s MINUS 11 degrees!!! I’m so over the cold. And my poor hands! Between the frigid weather and building a fully functional volcano in the evenings every night this week (yes, you read that right)…I’m working overtime to keep my hands from falling off. But I digress…

I’m in love with today’s simple skittle-ish mani. Probably because I LOVE every polish in the Gwen Stefani for OPI Limited Edition Collection (see the original press release here). As soon as I saw these four polishes sitting beside each other on the desk, I knew I wanted to use them together.  The four shades are Hey Baby (pink), Push and Shove (silver), Love.Angel.Music.Baby (gold) and 4 in the Morning (black)

OPI Gwen Stefani Nail Art

I’m a sucker for pretty pink cremes, so I was looking forward to Hey Baby more than anything. I used two easy coats on my pinky, pointer and thumb. Push and Shove requires the OPI Lay Down That Base basecoat. My ringer is one coat of base and two coats of polish. This gets more and more chrome as it dries. I would normally wear a ridge filling base coat with a chrome. In usual chrome fashion, you can see brushstrokes and nail ridges. And this is probably an anomaly…but my Push and Shove brush was totally wonky. I had to do some serious bristle surgery before I could use it. Nonetheless, I think it’s a super cool effect (even if it only lasts for a day). For my middle finger, I started with just one coat of Love.Angel.Music.Baby, a gold, satin-finish polish. This shade of gold is really flattering, I think. After it was completely dry (which required some patience since I didn’t want to shine it up with topcoat), I taped off the quilted pattern with striping tape and polished one generous coat of 4 in the Morning, a satin black. No topcoat on this finger nor the Push and Shove polish.

OPI Gwen Stefani Nail Art

I love the mix of finishes in this mani! The other shades in this collection are I Sing in Color (a blackened, vampy red creme), In the True Stefani Fashion (a dense silver holo glitter bomb) and Over & Over A-Gwen (a red creme that comes in a special boxed set with Swarovski elements for nail art).

The pink is my fave! I know, I’m a real trailblazer. LOL. I’m curious if anyone has wear-tested Push and Shove. How long did it last for you?

Gwen Stefani by OPI polishes are available now at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) each. A boxed set including Over & Over A-Gwen and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS will retail for $14.95 ($18.95 CAN). Follow OPI on Facebook, twitter and instagram for more info.

Disclosure: Products in this post were provided by OPI PR for my consideration. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

1. Danny says:

Your mani is amazing! Love, how you’ve combined them!
    But I’m not that happy with these shades. I think, they’re all prett, but nothing I haven’t seen… But my fave is 4 in the morning. I love black polishes at the Moment!!

2. Love it, I love that criss cross nail!

3. Jayna says:

I love this! This skittle combination works really well and I especially love the quilted nail! :)

4. Peggie Hornberger says:

Beautiful as always!! The pink & silver are my favorites!! Love the look you put together with them all :)

5. Betty says:

That is just gorgeous! I love it!

6. Kyema says:

I really love this pink too! I bought the mini opi set and now i want the big versions of 4 in the morning, hey baby and L.A.M.B. So pretty. I really like how you used so many of the colors in this collection without overwhelming the look. It looks so pretty!

7. Keri says:

This looks amazing! I love the combo.

8. The Jedi Wife says:

This is amazing! I really love how you used the colours together. :D

9. Kelly R says:

Again, your swatches and nail art make me want everything! :)

10. Doria says:

I love this collection! Your mani is awesome!

11. Shipra says:

LOVE – so Gwen Stefani! <3

12. Caroline says:

I wouldn’t necessarily call it simple nail art :D the colors work very well together and you’re right, so do the textures. I think I have to see push and shove in person before I can decide if I want it or not, I have some of the layla mirror metallics and I wonder how different the OPI can look.

13. Beautiful manicure! :D And I agree…I don’t think my hands have ever been in such a state from all of this cold weather! Every time I start feeling whiny about the weather, I realize we probably have two months left and make myself calm down. haha!

14. Sarah says:

Simple, but really pretty! Love it!!! :)

I have ordered a few shades, can’t wait for them to arrive. That black&gold nail art is quite perfect ♥

16. This looks gorgeous, I especially love the quilted nail! Hey Baby is such a cute, pretty polish :)

17. Ayako says:

I like those nails! They look great together!
    I also own three shades you mentioned above except that pink. I used those three shades on my nails last whole week. I was also very curious how long “Push and Shove” would last. On my nails, I started notice chipping after 2 days. So I reapplied the polish only on my tips and even sealed the very tips with top coat. I hardly noticed chipping on the gold, so I layered the black and the gold on the tips of “Push and Shove” after day 3. That way, they lasted for whole week.

Tags: , , , , ,