SUPER SNEAK PEEK: JulieG Summer 2014 Cruise Collection (and how the heck I got them so early)

This is not a sponsored post. However, please see disclosure.

Happy Monday! I’m so excited to give you a super sneak peek at the Jesse’s Girl JulieG Summer 2014 Cruise Collection! These six, exotic port-inspired cremes “float” in a perfect spot between pastels and brights. I love looking at them all lined up together….so soft, yet punchy. Cremes are my fave finish and this collection has summer written all over it. You’ll find the JulieG Cruise Collection on the Jesse’s Girl website on or about March 25th and in Rite Aid stores nationwide the first week of April (for only $3.99 each!!)

JulieG Cruise Collection 2014

How did I get these so early? Actually, I heard some rumblings about this collection when I did my appearance at Rite Aid in San Diego with Jesse (THE Jesse…gah!) in December. He off-handedly mentioned that a cruise-themed line would include a yellow polish. (I played it cool and didn’t tweet anything.) Well then he emailed me two weeks ago and asked if I’d like to take some product shots for the new summer collection. I told him I wasn’t sure if I could be bothered and needed to think about it. LOL. Um…NO, that’s not how it went! Actually, I tried to casually wait a full 30 minutes before replying to his email so I didn’t look desperate. (I think I lasted like 28 minutes.) The polish arrived just last Tuesday and I delivered the pics just last Thursday. I jokingly asked Jesse if I could blog them and to my surprise, he said “Sure.” I’m not certain how/if the following photos will be used on the display – but my polished fingers are crossed that my digits will make an appearance at Rite Aid once again. I’m so very fortunate to have forged a relationship with a company that is so good to vloggers/bloggers and produces a great product at great prices. So let’s get to the pics…

This one is my absolute favorite. You probably know by now about my love affair with berry polish. Rio De Janeiro is a faultless berry purple. Great clean color and awesome formula.

JulieG Rio de Janeiro from the Cruise Collection

This one is Santorini, a clean, light cornflower blue. The formula was excellent.

JulieG Santorini from the Cruise Collection

Canary Islands is a bright, golden yellow. In low light, it has a mustard hue. As you’ve no doubt experienced, yellow polish formulas can be tricky. (I’m trying to track down why that is exactly. If anyone knows…please share!) In any event, Canary Islands performed as well as any yellow I’ve tried. I know many of you shy away from yellows, but the tone of Canary Islands is soft and would work with lots of skin tones…especially with a (spray) tan!

JulieG Canary Islands from the Cruise Collection

Old San Juan has a warm, tangerine tone. It’s much brighter in direct sunlight. We stopped in Old San Juan on our last cruise, so this brings back vacation memories. (We LOVE to go on cruises.)

JulieG Old San Juan from the Cruise Collection

Tahiti is a soft mint-ish green in the light and a few ticks shy of a Fern Green in the shade. It has a subtle shimmer that you can’t see in my pic, but it’s gorgeous and sparkly. I’m not a green polish fan, but this polish is exactly right for a simple Spring/Summer mani.

JulieG Tahiti from the Cruise Collection

And finally, another one of my faves…this is Miami Beach, a smooth, medium, coral pink. You can’t go wrong with coral in the summer.

JulieG Miami Beach from the Cruise Collection

All swatches are two coats of polish finished with one coat of JulieG JetSet topcoat. I gotta tell you…I know some down-low on the JulieG line and the quality is definitely on par with more expensive brands. At only $3.99 retail, it’s a steal. If you see these at Rite Aid, snatch them all!

The Cruise Collection will be available at the Jesse’s Girl website around March 25th and in Rite Aid stores nationwide after April 1st. Be sure to follow the Jesse’s Girl Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. They frequently offer great deals, including the occasional Groupon offer!

Disclosure: Products in this post were provided by Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics and I was compensated to take these photographs. I was not asked to do a review. All opinions are my own. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

1. Lisa N. says:

Great shades for the Spring/Summer!

2. Liz says:

You’ve clearly (and deservedly) won the confidence of this brand — congratulations to you for that! This is a beautiful well-rounded collection with some awesome user-friendly colors. I’m loving the berry, the blue and that gorgeous smooth soft coral especially!

3. Marine LP says:

The whole collection is beautiful <3

4. Kairi says:

The colours are beautiful. Do you know, are these going to be available in Europe too?
    Is it just me? Cause I keep seeing like drips of top coat on some of the colours and fingers. Or it’s just so glossy and the light plays it weird?

5. Congrats Leslie! :D These polishes are outstanding….shame on me…I don’t own any JulieG shades….these may be the first!!

6. ALL OF THESE. Oh my. I will be stalking my nearest Rite Aid for all of these. Congrats on the photo op as well! That is so awesome!! I’m in love with cremes this year too and especially corals. Every summer I become obsessed with a color, last year I needed everything in teal and this year it’s the peachy corals so Miami Beach and Tahiti really speak to me!! Gorgeous swatches Leslie!!

7. Oh man, what a stunning collection. I really love all of the colors and I like how they are on the subdued side but still bright. I wish we had a Rite Aid here!

8. Cathy M says:

Wow, I love all of these! I hate that there are no Rite Aids in my area so I would have to order online. But I’m definitely going to need to pick them up!

9. KD says:

I’ll definitely get the blue and green when they come out. LOVE JulieG polishes. Hope they make more textured ones this year!

10. Great photos and post. I love that these are not your typical pastels but still have a pastel feel to them. I dont own any JulieG polishes yet because there are not Rite-Aids in my area but these are going to be my first purchase. I’ve already marked the release date down on my calendar.

11. Kat Dinges says:

LOVEEE!!!!! So excited for these!!!!

12. Ashley R says:

I used to rely on another blogger for swatching pics, but since I have found WPP, I am a total follower! Your pics are the best. These colors look gorgeous on your skin tone! I’m not much of a berry fan but I think it’s my fave from these photos!

13. I love these shades so much! They are perfection!
    Going to have to pick all of these up!

14. Jess Scull says:

MUST HAVE ALL!! OMG Perfect!

15. Shipra says:

These are absolutely stunning!! <3

16. Kelly R says:

Oh, I love, love, love these colors!

17. LaraLeaf says:

The picture of those polishes lined up thrilled me! And they are so pretty on your nails.

18. Rouhier says:

The mint and the coral are stunning.

19. OMG! These are amazing! I love creme polishes and these look so lovely. I can see some water marbling in my future with these lovlies!

I absolutely LOVE how Miami Pink looks on you ♥

21. Danny says:

Wow! I really like every single polish of this Collection!

22. Kaitlyn says:

i hope these go on groupon! so gorgeous!

23. All of these are gorgeous! And $3.99 apiece is such a good price, maybe I can afford to buy the whole collection for once :) Can’t wait for April!

24. Katrina says:

I think Tahiti looks fabulous on you.

Regarding streaky yellows, I read a tip that said to put matte top coat in between your layers and it helps even out the streaky polish.

25. joanna says:

whhhaaaa???? San Diego???? How did I miss this??!!! boo.

26. Kimberly Hardin says:

I own EVERY polish in the Julie G line, well except 4 these new ones, lol! These polishes are my favorite by far, over any other polish there is! With a top coat of my Seche Vite, the polish stays on 4 almost 2 weeks! I think I’ve gotten it 2 a point that I can actually make my nails look like “gel” nails using the Julie G polish with the Seche Vite topcoat, and that’s just 1 of the reasons my mani lasts so long! Well that and, the fact that this polish is just so darned awesome! My fave in the collection is 9 to 5 but, there isn’t a single shade that I don’t like, lol! Can’t wait 2 get my hands on this new set of colors!!!

27. You probably already know and have an agreement with them (I hope) but I wanted to let you know that your swatches are on groupon of this collection without your watermark or mention of your blog. : /

28. Trine-Marie says:

I just got this collection in the mail today! I’m so excited :)

I’m currently wearing Miami Beach, and I really like the color. I just wish the polishes had their names on the bottle, like in the previous collections.

29. Felicia says:

I just left Rite-Aid after seeing some photos of these polishes to get 1 or 2. I ended up bringing home 4 and now that I saw this post, I may have to go back and get that berry shade. I knew I would probably want it, but I already had 4 in my hand.

30. Debra Q says:

I just got four of the new julie g’s and I love them especially the berry. Now seeing them on your nails I have to go out and buy the other two,lol

Tags: , , , ,