Easy Stained Glass Nail Art with the Seche Perfectly Poised Collection

press samples

Good morning! It’s great to be back from my unplanned hiatus! I didn’t share this before, but 12 days ago I underwent some not-so-fun surgery. (No worries, I’m on the mend now.) Prior to that date, I dutifully stockpiled a week’s worth of blog posts believing (incorrectly) that I’d be up and blogging during my time off from work while I recovered. Clearly that didn’t happen!  I waaaaay underestimated how cruddy I would feel. The good news is I’m feeling nearly like my old self. I have LOT to catch up on, including a bunch of collection news, which I’ll try to post in the next few days.

Today I have some stained glass nail art using the entire Seche Spring Perfectly Poised Collection. Seche had dabbled in color, but my interest was really piqued when I learned about their one-coat nail lacquer expansion plans at Cosmoprof North America last July (see post here). (BTW…I can’t believe it’s almost time for CPNA again! I’m booking my flights today!!). The current collection (press release) reminds me of sherbet…soft, bright and creamy with a few touches of shimmer.

Seche Perfectly Poised Collection Stained Glass Nail Art

I knew I wanted to do a stained glass design, but you know me and my tape/straight line obsession…I just don’t have enough energy yet to go all out OCD! So this is the easy, more painterly version. I used a white striper to quickly (and messily) sketch intersecting lines on each nail. Then I used a nail art brush to fill in all the spaces with all six colors in the collection (and covered my sketched lines in the process). I coated this step with Seche Vite.

Seche Perfectly Poised Collection Stained Glass Nail Art

Once that was dry, I used a white nail art pen to re-draw the white lines on top. It instantly gave it a cleaner look. I didn’t topcoat this last step because I like the slightly textured results.

Keep it You (the rose pink) and Conquer the World (teal with gold shimmer) are my faves! I’m wearing a full mani of Keep it You right now even! Have you tried any Seche lacquers yet? I love the more subdued nature of the line. In fact, I’m a poster “Seche Girl” from a marketing perspective!

The Seche Perfectly Poised Collection ($8.50 each) is available now at Ulta stores and online nationwide. For more information, visit www.seche.com and follow them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram too.

Disclosure: Products in this post were provided by Seche PR for my consideration. All opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.

1. Deb Merris says:

Love the look great job!

2. Anne says:

This is beautiful!

3. Michelle Gittler says:

This is gorgeous! I love it!

4. Lisa N. says:

These are fantastic!

5. Glad you are back! Even the smallest procedure can really take the wind out of you – take it easy on yourself!

6. I’m sorry you’ve been under the weather from surgery! However, these nails are awesome! I too appreciate the textured, painterly look of these nails! They look so, old architecture with modern colors!

7. august art says:

This is a beautiful design! Must have taken ages!
    I love striping tape and would love to try this but I don’t know if I have the patience!

8. Jenni says:

Love the stained glass look! I’m gonna need to give that a try this week when I have a break between clients. If I remember I’ll ping ya! ;)

9. LaraLeaf says:

Yeah, it’s a shame we don’t recover as quickly as those people on tv shows! Our bodies intentionally don’t let us feel any energy or feel good while it is recuperating – it knows we would not give it the rest it needs to heal. *smiles* Isn’t it terrific to feel better!

And, wow, you pull out a stained glass mani first thing?? Hah, nothing so easy and less time consuming as a swatch? LOL

10. the white lines remind me of frosting on gingerbread houses. or maybe i’m just hungry lol.

11. Jay says:

I think it looks good sans topcoat, the textured look adds something special to it! Good luck on your recovery :)

12. I am so glad you’re feeling a bit better! This manicure is beautiful! :D

13. Jess Scull says:

Glad you’re feeling better! This is beautiful!

14. So glad you are feeling better! This is such a pretty design :)

15. Mishi says:

Got to hear u getting better !! Take care and feel good .. And awesome work !!

16. Katrina says:

Glad you’re on the mend! I respect you very much for spelling “sherbet” correctly. The mani reminds me of some of the mosaic tiles we saw in Spain.

Tags: , , , , ,