The Lacquer Legion: LUCKY…lucky to have Clarins 230!!

It’s the third Lacquer Legion and the prompt is LUCKY! Be sure to post your “lucky” manis all over the web today with the #LLlucky hashtag so we can find you! So what’s my lucky mani? I mentioned earlier that I was nervous. And indeed I was! You see, for Christmas 2012, my hubs and daughter (without my knowledge or prompting) set out to get me a real, no-kidding bottle of Clarins 230, arguably one of the rarest finds in all of polishland.

Clarins 230

Money was no object, so I’m embarrassed to reveal exactly what they paid for this beauty…but it did have the box! I’ve been soooo nervous to try it. Nervous that I’d ruin the experience. Nervous that I’d pair it with the wrong thing or somehow make it seem less awesome than legend has portrayed it.

Clarins 230

So when the “lucky” theme came up, I knew I was lucky to have this polish and even luckier to have a family that cared enough to find it for me!!! And so today’s mani uses the one and only Clarins 230, lovingly (and appropriately) referred to as unicorn pee. This is the first and probably only time I will actually use it. I decided to go all out and make it a pricey pairing with Guerlain 860 (straight from Paris, hand-selected by the one and only Manicurator!)  Clarins 230 is every bit as magical as it’s fabled to be. It’s fireball sparkly and shifts from red to gold to blue to purple to green. I’m totally bummed that my indoor light setup couldn’t capture it. But alas it was midnight and the forecast was rain for days. *sigh* Do a google image search and you’ll find lots of amazing pics (of both Clarins 230 and it’s now equally rare dupe, Max Factor Fantasy Fire).

Clarins 230 over Guerlain 860

But it’s still fab in these pics, I think, and I definitely still feel very fortunate to own it. Oh…and to qualify this mani as challenge-worthy nail art….I used craft tape to tape off a line down the center of my ring finger (it’s hard to see).

Clarins 230 over Guerlain 860

I treated myself to an actual two-handed mani and wore this to work. Lucky me! :) I can’t wait to see all of your lucky manis today!

More on The Lacquer Legion: The Lacquer Legion, conceived by Sarah of Chalkboard Nails (work/play/polishThe Nailasaurus, and Rebecca Likes Nails are admins), releases a new nail art prompt every month. Join the fun by posting your mani on the designated day using the assigned hashtag. There’s no commitment…participate as much or as little as you’d like. Get involved in the community and show your stuff! Everyone is welcome! Follow The Lacquer Legion on Facebook for upcoming prompts and info.

20120106-lacquer-legion-1

1. Lisa N. says:

It looks like a stunning color!

2. CM says:

I was in England over christmas and bought myself two backup bottles of fantasy fire and one for a friend, i think it’s still pretty available over there!

3. Deb Merris says:

It’s fantastic so gorgeous lucky you :)

4. Debbie says:

There is also another dupe, that is still available. Though it looks different in the bottle, it looks identical on the nail…Indie Girly Bits Shift Happens. I love it over Revlon Royal.

5. It’s beautiful! I do not have this polish, but I do have Fantasy Fire. I still find it occasionally here in Australia and always buy a backup bottle. I think this one is more red and gold and fiery, though. LOVE IT <3

6. Lucky!! Can your husband talk to my husband? ;) Ahh, I will keep on wishing…

7. Marine LP says:

What a beauty! You are indeed very lucky :D

8. Jayna says:

This is stunning! You are so lucky to have this! I love the subtly of the tape design on your ring finger! :)

9. Craftynail says:

Lucky lucky and so pretty!

10. Ayaka says:

The color looks absolutely amazing and gorgeous! Love it!!

11. Lou says:

Stunning, just stunning. Love this shade – its everything I love in a polish. Great mani for the lucky theme

12. Emilly says:

absolutely gorgeous. perfect polish!

It’s funny how people call Max Factor Fantasy Fire hard to find or rare.. I can still buy loads of it for the regular drugstore price of $7 :D!

I absolutely LOVE how this beauty looks on you, and what an amazing pairing!

14. Lan says:

Wow… I’ll probably never even get to see this in person, let alone wear it or own it – lucky indeed!!!
    Does anyone know where and when the nickname Unicorn Pee started?!?

15. Caroline says:

It’s really, really pretty – I especially love that it is more subtle and shimmery than many multi/duochromes.
    It’s the “small” things in life that makes us feel lucky, isn’t it :)

16. JDV says:

Ok, I am going to admit that I don’t worship at the altar of Clarins 230. Sacrilege, I know! I’ve had a bottle for a few years but I’ve just never felt the absolute love that I see around the net. That said, I’ve never tried it over a color like 860. Maybe you saved it for me?

17. swarnaa says:

On my recent visit to the dubai mall I went past clarins and I thought to myself should I look for clarins 230 and then I thought NO !!! I can’t risk falling in love with it’s awesomeness cos that will really empty my pocket. One day I really do wish to own it anyway. .:)

• It’s been discontinued for many, many years. I don’t even think they can get the pigment that created the color anymore…so if you ever do come across one…snatch it up! :)

Tags: , , , , ,